Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A good run!

Photo by Ian Stauffer on Unsplash
I had a good run today! So there is such a thing. 
Today was the first run of week 8. The intervals were:
Run 15 Walk 5 x 2
It wasn't easy motivating myself to do it, especially when I stepped out of my warm office and into the cold breeze. However, my training plan assured me that one day there would come a time when I felt "fitter", and today I definitely did.

There were no objections from my leg muscles or lungs, the rest buzzer came earlier than expected, the hills weren't an issue, and I was actually annoyed when a car appeared and I had to get off the single track to let it past (in previous weeks cars were great because they forced you to take a sneaky unscheduled break).

I finished the run feeling like I could have run longer. 


Now I'm not naive enough to assume that all runs will be like this from now on. The dreaded short run is next and that usually pulls me back down to earth. However, now that I have experienced a good run I know they are possible, so I'm going to enjoy this small psychological boost while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts